The St. Lawrence Neighbourhood Association (SLNA) events committee is taking part in discussions with councillor Pam McConnell’s office, the BIA and other community stakeholders with regard to a proposal submitted by the St Lawrence Market Neighbourhood BIA to hold a Summer Festival in our neighbourhood, linked to the celebration of the Pan Am/ParaPan Am Games. You can participate in the process by:
- Taking the online SLNA survey @ http://slnaevents.polldaddy.com/s/slna-community-survey-summer-2015
- Posting the attached info poster in your building.
- Passing this message on to your neighbours.
The SLNA Events Committee’s mandate is to gather and communicate the concerns and perspectives of residents in discussions around planning events in the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood. This survey will help us gauge our residents’ interests with regard to the proposed event and to present this in discussions to help inform and shape the BIA’s proposal before final decisions are made. Proposed programming and events include:
- a variety of entertainment in St James, Berczy and Market Lane Parks, on the weekends of July 11/12, July 18/19, July 25/26 and August 8/9;
- a wine and cheese festival in Berczy Park on one of the 4 weekends; and
- parking-lane closures to create extended patios for up to a four month period.
It has been proposed that the Festival, in some form, become an annual event.
Please inform your Boards of this upcoming BIA event and request that the survey be distributed to all building residents. We hope to hear from as many voices as possible. Please complete the survey by March 5 if possible.
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Dwight Peters, SLNA Board Rep to the Events Committee