The 112th annual Santa Claus Parade will take place this Sunday Nov. 20, 2016, at 12:30 p.m.
Road closure times are as follows:
– Bloor Street West, from Ossington Avenue to Christie Street, at 8 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Christie Street to Bathurst Street, at 10 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Bathurst Street to Bay Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– Avenue Road/Queen’s Park, from Davenport Road to College Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– University Avenue, from College Street to Dundas Street, at 11 a.m.
– University Avenue, from Dundas Street to Front Street, at 11:15 a.m.
– Wellington Street, from University Avenue to Jarvis Street, at 11:30 a.m.
– Front Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street, at 11:45 a.m.
– Front Street, from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street, at 11 a.m.
Vehicles parked along the parade route will be relocated to neighbouring streets starting at 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 20, 2016. To located your vehicle, please call 416-808-6600.
At 11:45 a.m., the “Holly Jolly 5km Fun Run” will take place along the parade route. For the safety of runners and parade attendees, spectators are asked to ensure that children and all personal belongings are off the roadway by 11:30 a.m.
The parade will start at 12:30 p.m., and will proceed along the following route:
– start: Bloor Street West and Christie Street
– eastbound on Bloor Street West
– southbound on Queen’s Park Crescent East
– southbound on University Avenue
– eastbound on Wellington Street West/Front Street East
– finish: Front Street East and Jarvis Street
Motorists travelling in the area can expect significant delays and should attempt to avoid the parade route.
Spectators attending the parade are advised to use public transportation. The TTC will be providing full subway and streetcar service.
The duration of the parade is approximately 2.5 hours, and will take place regardless of weather conditions.