From July – December 2016, This year, the City of Toronto and the Toronto Transit Commission will be working on Richmond Street between Church and York streets to upgrade the watermain, remove existing streetcar tracks and to reconstruct the westbound track only.
Important Traffic Information
Traffic Management: Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. These efforts include adding Local Access signs, revising traffic signal times. Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets.
· Work areas will be staged / phased along Richmond Street
· In the work zone areas traffic will be reduced to one lane.
· The stretch of work on Richmond Street is approximately 750m. The bike lane will be closed and cyclists travelling west will be detoured. Signage will be in place ;further information will be provided in the construction notice.
· TTC Service: The five Downtown Express Bus routes that operate westbound on Richmond Street will be maintained during the partial road closure;
· 141 Mt. Pleasant, 142 Avenue Road, 143 Beach, 144 Don Valley and 145 Humber Bay.
· Richmond Street is essential to TTC’s streetcar track network and is used as a diversionary route when service adjustments are required.