- First, sign up with www.thebulletin.ca. Only registered users are allowed to post events, comments or news releases.
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive a password email.
- Sign on and reset your password.
- Look for the “Submit Your Story” box — this is usually on the lower right of each article page.
- Everything starts as a draft submission. Our editors decide where each will go. Announcements aren’t allowed UNLESS they are in ARTICLE form. Story first, then the details such as when, where, how much, etc.
- Each submission must be a real article with a headline and body copy plus art or photos.
- Each headline may be no longer than 55 characters with NO capitals except for the first letter of each proper noun.
- Single space all copy. No double spaces, no double carriage returns. No space after a period that ends a paragraph.
- Please do not paste code or tables into the submission field.
- Each article must have a picture that measures 300 pixels wide by 160 high (4.2” x 2.2”) (10.6 cm x 5.6 cm). It is called a Featured Image. Click on those words and upload your picture when directed. You may also upload other pictures, but none measuring more than 600 pixels wide (4.2”) (10.6 cm). There are several good, free photo-editing programs available online that can help you size your images.
- Once you have entered the story and uploaded your image, click “Submit” — this will generate an alert to our editorial staff that your submission has been made.
- If we have any questions, we will reach out to you by phone or email.
- If we cannot accept your submission (if it falls outside our editorial mandate or is more appropriately an ad) then we will notify you.
- All materials submitted to TheBulletin.ca for publication become the property of TheBulletin.ca and can be distributed in print, online, etc., at the discretion of the editors.
- We do not guarantee a position on the home page and we do not promise to leave any article online for any period of time.
- If your article is plainly aimed at promoting a business, there is a fee to have it posted online and it will be explained to you in that instance.
Thank you! TheBulletin.ca exists to provide our Downtown core communities with local news and your contributions will help us achieve that goal.
Questions? Email email@example.com.